By the Grace of G-d
The continuing global economic crisis is, unfortunately, first and foremost on people's minds these days, with so many of us feeling the pinch.
As Jews, we always turn to the ageless teachings of the Torah for guidance—particularly when times are tough. To this end, we plan on dedicating the week of February 1-7
to discussing the multi-angled Jewish perspective on money crunches.
While our editors, writers and multimedia teams are currently producing some of the varied content for this section, we would like to devote a significant part of this section to submissions by you, our talented reader.
* Do you have any practical ideas on how to stay afloat during this crisis? Suggestions on budgeting, cutting back, ideas small and big—for the home, children, recreation, etc.? Please click here
* Do you have any positive personal experiences you'd like to share? Perhaps about the affect the economy is having on you and your family, an incident of overt Divine Providence, the refocusing of values the situation has caused? Please click here
* Do you have any helpful or inspirational thoughts or insights on the economy? Please click here
* Or perhaps you have another idea or manner of expression altogether. Please tell us, we'd love to hear about it!
If possible, please include a brief bio of yourself along with your submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you, and with prayers for an abundance of blessings for you, yours, and everyone in need.
The Chabad.org Team
P.S. Here are some of the angles we plan on delving into in this section:
* Do we define ourselves based on our monetary value? What's the alternative?
* Moving from a consumer society to a planned buying society
* Realignment of communal and personal values
* Experts: They didn't foresee this calamity. Do we need them?
* Faith: Huh! How? In this climate?!
* Reexamining your relationship with your spouse after you've/he's/she's lost your/his/her money
* The global village; how interdependent we are
* What do we tell kids?Please click here to submit your feedback about this.